Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Peas Please

Waylon tasted his first food yesterday. I guess you couldn't say his first food because he has tasted ice cream, grape juice, and just about anything Wade could dip his pacifier into but this was his first official meal... homemade pureed PEAS (doesn't that just sound delish ;))

His first bite...

He loved it! Except its much more delictible with fingers.


Pea-induced coma.
He slept so well last night. From 8:30 - 3:30 and 4:15-7:45; he's never slept past 6:30. AND he took a 3 hour nap this afternoon - this has never happened. Not that I want to give credit to the peas, but it makes me more inclined to try eating them every once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like he enjoyed it! Are you going to make your own baby food? I think I might give it a try this time around. I need to get a book or something. I have heard that you aren't supposed to do carrots...or you have to do something to them...I don't know exactly but I know it's something. Glad he's sleeping good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought canned peas, green beans, carrots, and sweet potatoes and pureed them in the Magic Bullet (it is actually good for something!). Then I read that you shouldn't give them carrots until at least 9 mo because they're too high in nitrates. All the foods have to be cooked before they're pureed but if they're canned most of the time they're already cooked. Then I just froze them in ice cube trays; that way I can just pop one out and nuke it. It's really easy and supposedly much cheaper than buying baby food.

    ReplyDelete