Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was busy for us even though we started without any plans. Wade took Friday off so we were able to spend four whole days together; it was fantastic! We spent Friday morning puttering around the house then went to my parents' to spend the night. My brother, his wife, and their two girls were there so Waylon was able to spend time with his grandparents and cousins. I didn't get any pictures of him with them but some with my dad. My dad started calling him Charlie because he thinks he looks, and stands, like Charles Atlas.

On Saturday night we went to a friends birthday and I saw four old friends from high school. It was a great night catching up with them and seeing one's adorable seven month old. I wish they lived closer so Elam and Waylon could grow up together. I'm terrible with pictures, I thought tod take one only after Elam went to bed. :)
Sunday, my family came to our church and we bbq-ed together afterward. Here is a picture of Grandpa with Waylon and "Boo".


After my parent's left, Wade decided to fish a little. Beka and Abby decided to play in the sand; they had no toys so they improvised with a formula can and a V8 bottle. They played for about three hours with nothing but that and a chunk of wood. Sara and I talked and waited while the girls played and Wade fished.


The waiting paid off. Wade caught a monster of a pike. It weighed in at 7.5lbs and was over 2 1/2 feet long. Shortly after, he caught another but it wasn't "picture worthy" as Wade says so we don't have pictures of it. It was big enough to keep and eat though ;)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a big fish! That is funny that the girls played for that long with a formula can. :) Thanks again for spending time with us. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete