Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Answered Prayer

Last Wednesday nearing the end of my easy 2 mile run, a pain began bothering me on the outside of my left foot. I finished the run thinking that I just did not stretch enough and needed to really stretch after. I got off the treadmill and could barely walk and the pain began to intensify. Thursday I went to my doctor; he took x-rays looking for a fracture but couldn't find anything to explain the pain. He then told me I had a condition called plantar's fasciitis and needed to be off my feet for 4-7 days, showed me some stretches to do, and gave me a prescription for pain meds.

Though I did the stretches the doctor recommended I couldn't shake the feeling that was not what was wrong with my foot. I found a condition called cuboid syndrome which happens when the cuboid bone moves and gets trapped under the bone beside it. It was in the exact location the pain was, its common in runners and normally happens after a person rolls their ankle (which I had done 3 weeks earlier). Wade and I really felt this is what had happened to my foot. The biggest problem was trying to find a chiropractor or physical therapist who could pop that bone back in place.

I was on crutches for 3 days and then gave them up because the pain became bearable. AND crutches and chasing a two-year-old just don't mix.

Fast forward to Tuesday. I had Bible study in the afternoon and I told the ladies about my foot and asked them to pray for healing and wisdom to know what chiropractor to see. That was around 6pm. At 8:30pm, as I was walking through Waylon's room, I felt a pop in my foot. The bone popped itself back into place. It never should have done that! I feel so blessed that the Almighty Healer decided to touch my foot and make me well. Praise God, for He is good!

1 comment:

  1. What great news!!!!! So happy to hear that the original diagnosis was incorrect! So you can keep running now that it's back in place?

    ReplyDelete