Tuesday, March 15, 2011

From my heart to my feet

I know I'm not too terribly serious on this blog but I wanted to share something that's been on my heart so that I'm accountable to those of you who read this. Lately, I've been very convicted about the way I treat myself. I haven't been taking care of myself the way God wants me to; He wants me to be healthy because if I feel good then I have the energy to glorify Him.
So in light of that, I have committed to others, and now to you, that I will be running 3 different 5Ks this summer. I started running again on Friday and, oh, I feel so good! Its good for my body and my mind; its that little place where I can go and push myself. And because I don't want to lug all this extra weight around I've been trying to watch what I eat...nothing drastic but skipping a cookie or that second helping of pasta.
I guess you could say I'm putting my running shoes where my heart is :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am also on mission to better health! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I've been trying to exercise more and eat healthier too. It's a constant battle for me! That's great that you have those goals. I wish I liked running. :)

    ReplyDelete